The 3rd Italian-Polish Aerospace Forum was held last week. PIAP Space CEO Marcin Dobrowolski took part in one of the thematic panels.
“When it comes to cooperation between the Polish-Italian space industry we can show a wide range here. For example, we supply a range of MGSE equipment such as adapters and Clamp Bands to leading European missions ROSE-L and CIMR. And I must admit that this cooperation is very fruitful, as we have not only gained a reliable customer (Thales Alenia Space Italy) but also a helping hand in developing new technologies for us.
On the other hand, we are also trying to involve Italian colleagues ourselves. Here we are increasing our cooperation with Leonardo, which is a leader in space robotics – a field that is of major interest to PIAP Space. Although we operate in a similar area where it would seem that we are doomed to compete, we manage to work together and find areas where we complement each other.” – emphasised PIAP Space CEO.
In addition, Brig. Gen. Luca Monaco mentioned the orbital operations that the Italian army performs. This fits in with the strategy of the activities undertaken and the further development of PIAP Space technology.
The panel also included:
- Ms. Kamila Król (Undersecretary of State, Polish Ministry of Economic Development and Technology),
- Mr Andrea Gaggelli (Vice President Sales Optronics & Space Equipment LoB – Leonardo),
- Mr. Paweł Wojtkiewicz (President of Polish Space Industry Association),
- Col. Marcin Mazur (Vice President of Polish Space Agency – POLSA),
- Brig. Gen. Marcin Górka (Director of the Innovation Department – Polish Ministry of Defense, Minister of National Defense Plenipotentiary for Space),
- Brig. Gen. Luca Monaco (Space Operations HQ – Chief of Staff – Italian Ministry of Defence).
We would like to thank the Kazimierz Pulaski Foundation for inviting us to participate in the panel discussion and the experts for their interesting insights.