Space Systems Engineer
Miejsce pracy: Warszawa
- Act as the Systems Engineer for the PIAP Space team where you are responsible for defining system architecture, development of requirements specifications, work with designers, coordinate design, conduct tests and deploy the system.
- Develop requirements specifications for subsystems (electrical, software, firmware and mechanical).
- Apply Systems Engineering experience to develop architecture solution based on requirements and developing technologies.
- Support Project Manager in technical management of the projects
- Define, gather and manage the technical requirements of mission critical projects utilizing evolving technologies and solutions.
- Establish and maintain the System Engineering Development Plans for a project
- Support creation of use cases and scenarios for the products
- Lead interface development, discussions and agreements with the clients
- Perform System Engineering Studies (Trade-off analyses, State of the art analyses)
- Host and/or support Design Reviews and Technical discussion meetings with clients
- Support technical interactions with clients
- Prepare technical content of Statement of Work and specification for the subcontractors
- Oversight, review and approval of technical documentation submitted by the subcontractors
- Provide technical input to risk management effort
- Support System Integration & Test activities
- Develop Test Procedures, conduct tests based on project verification and prepare certification documentation.
- Participate in Nonconformance Review Board and solve problems.
- Research the state of the art in Space Robotics solutions and in other Space related technologies.
- Work closely with the technical teams (software, firmware, controls, electronics, mechanics, materials, analysis) and support to reach the project goals
- Prepare the related project analysis and documentation, in English. Polish also desirable but not mandatory.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Experience working as a System Engineer in Space industry or Aerospace.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering Processes (ISO Standard, INCOSE Handbook, etc.)
- Prior experience as a technical lead
- Ability to moderate multidisciplinary technical discussion
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with developing technical documentation
- Knowledge of ECSS processes.
- Understanding of software, electronics, mechanical analysis for space applications.
- Strong troubleshooting and multitasking skills
- Proactive attitude
- Degree in electrical engineering, software engineering, aerospace engineering, mechatronics engineering, degree in computer science and mathematics or similar
- Fluency in English. Command of Polish is desirable but not mandatory
- Advanced skills in using MS Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills, presentation skills, ability to multi-task, willing to learn
- Be able to work under pressure and be success oriented.
- Ability to define and prototype required and necessary Systems Engineering tools (e.g. MS Excel macros)
- Travel for reviews and to subcontractors may be required
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Experience with Requirements traceability software (e.q. DOORS)
- Simulation and mathematical modelling tools (Matlab-Simulink, Adams)
- Management of technical teams and/or project lead experience
- Development of flight-proven hardware/ software
- Understanding of UML and SysML diagrams
We are offering:
- an interesting job in the company active in dynamically developing space sector
- salary adequate to qualifications and work performed
- the opportunity to participate in the individual development program (including trainings, participation in industry meetings, conferences)
- insurance package,
- parking space.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org